And some more thoughts, all my own, for this weekend.
- Like I am anxiously awaiting 50th century of Sachin. It will be a great landmark in cricket history. And no doubt a great landmark for the all time great player.
- Like sometimes I feel happy to have lived in the same era when some all time greats have lived. Lata and Asha Mangeshkar, Hariprasad Chaurasia, Abdul Kalam, PL Deshpande, PK Atre, Amitabh Bachchan, Sachin Tendulkar and Sunil Gavaskar to name a few.
- Like Ashok Chavan must be relieved to have quit as Chief Minister. He was never comfortable in that position. And so were we with him there!
- Like Diwali will bring cheer as usual. And with it the new magazines. Diwali special numbers in Marathi are usually excellent. It provides reading material for the next four months.
- Like the number of medals won at CWG is all time high. I hope that sport-persons will get better facilities now.
- Like I feel that Sania is out and Saina is in! She may not be glamorous like Sania, but Saina is graceful and has a greater appetite for achievements.
- Like Obama's visit is receiving more attention than the visit of our President to Mumbai. And nobody thinks it is funny!
- Like the best story in recent weeks was the rescue of Chile miners. It had the world glued to TV sets wiping tears!!
And finally: Names can be deceptive. The latest evidence in support is 'Adarsh Society.' It is of the corrupt, by the corrupt and for the corrupt. Amen!
Labels: Achievements, Adarsh Society, corruption